George Forquer House
Second and Capitol Streets
Photo courtesy of Richard E. Hart
The George Forquer house’s overhanging porches are characteristic of the French Colonial style of architecture. This house was situated on a 9-acre tract of land that sat on a prominent hill, where it could be seen from all parts of Springfield. When it was built it eclipsed the John Todd house as the finest residence in town. This house was sold to David Prickett in the 1835. The Prickett family occupied it until it was razed in 1906.